Next up in our Adirondack Hiking Challenge Tracker is the Saranac Lake 6'er. In this challenge, you'll hike the 6 Adirondack Mountain Peaks in the Saranac Lake Region.
- Dimensions: 10-3/4" x 14-1/2"
- Whiteboard OR Maple
The Six Saranac Lake Mountain Peaks:
- Baker Mountain | Elevation 2,452 LF | 0.9 Mile Hike
- Haystack Mountain | Elevation 2,878 LF | 3.3 Mile Hike
- Scarface Mountain | Elevation 3,088 LF | 3.8 Mile Hike
- Ampersand Mountain | Elevation 3,353 LF | 2.7 Mile Hike
- McKenzie Mountain | Elevation 3,822 LF | 5.3 Mile Hike
- St Regis Mountain | Elevation 2,874 LF | 3.3 Mile Hike
This challenge offers three different reward badges. When checking out, choose which badge you would like to come with your plaque. All of the peak badges are shipped loose so that you can paste them in any order you like on the board.
Rules below for reference (from the Saranac Lake 6'er Website):
- You may complete the 6er challenge in as much time as you like. If it takes months, years, even decades, you can still be a 6er
- Hikers can become Ultra 6ers by summiting all six peaks in 24 hours
- Hikers can become Winter 6ers by climbing the peaks during the winter season
- No biking
- No boating
- Obey all NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) rules
- Obey all traffic rules
- No trespassing
- Use proper trail etiquette - "Leave-No-Trace"
- Always call DEC Emergency Dispatch in case of emergency: 518-891-0235
- Know your limits and weather conditions
Once a hiker has finished this challenge, they should mail the Village of Saranac Lake with details of their accomplishment and in return, you will get a patch, sticker, member number and more. See all the details at: